Sunday, July 30, 2017

WTF: Part 2

I work at night, when everyone is asleep. Some nights are busy. Some aren't. Either way, people are usually asleep, leaving me no one to talk to. I need someone to talk to tonight. Since I don't have that, another poem.

Bloodlines
I'm all alone
trying to be tough.
Be the man
that he wants
me to be.
But I'm not that man.
I'm not that tough.
Just a broken heart.
Tears streaming down.
Abandoned
by the only dad I've known.
Angry words shouted
over a child's pain.
Losing the point.
Losing our minds.
Two angry men
shouting like animals
trying to be dominant.
I was trying to end
all the judgement.
He was trying
to escape his age.
My apology came too late.
Angry wounds festered
turning to hate.
"He's not my blood"
Echoes in my ears.

No comments:

Post a Comment